Requirements: 18 semester hours of coursework, distributed as follows:
|FR 3105||Composition, Conversation and Grammar||3|
|FR 3106||Composition, Conversation and Grammar||3|
|Intermediate Business French 1|
|Advanced Business French|
|Special Topics in Business French|
|Introduction to French Culture and Civilization|
|Introduction to French Literature|
|Introduction to Francophone Studies|
|French Culture from Middle Ages to Renaissance|
|French Culture from Baroque to Revolution|
|French Culture from Romanticism to Belle Epoque|
|French Culture from World Wars to Global Present|
|Advanced Composition and Stylistics|
- Students must earn 18 credit hours for the French major regardless of initial course placement1.
- If you have AP or IB French credit, see your French Advisor of instructor. AP exam credit and IB diploma credit are usually awarded automatically by the Office of the University Registrar. Depending on your score, those credits may possibly be used to satisfy certain requirements for the minor. Make sure you inquire about these substitutions early on.
- Students must have a 2.0 in-minor GPA in French.
- All courses required to complete the French minor are included in the minor GPA calculation. Students must earn a C or better in each course for it to count towards the minor
- French courses may also be used to meet certain Pathways requirements. Please see the current Pathways for General Education Guide.
- Any 3000- level or 4000- level French course may be substituted for FR 2105 Intermediate French or FR 2106 Intermediate French